Friday, June 4, 2010

What - Just a Little Fun

"What" - 2010- encaustic techniques on board - 8 x 8 inches

The book Encaustic Workshop had one fun lesson in layering ribbons that I wanted to try. There are more than just the layering ribbon technique in "What," and the entire point was to have fun. Layers of beeswax, layers of ribbons, papers, and fabrics make the textures. 

The next blog post will be about pastelitos de guayaba...just because I seem to be in a Cuban-American mode in the last few weeks....

Smiles con un cafe´ con leche,
Angeline Marie of

2 comments:

Jason L. Eldridge said...

LOL. The first thing I said when I saw the work was "what?"... Then I noticed that it was written across the top. How funny. It is good to have fun!

Angeline said...

To Jason: Yes, sometimes, it is all about the fun while learning how to use a new material. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...