Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stoccata #11 of Art Inspired by the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill

Stoccata - 2010 - mixed media on canvas - 4 x 4 inches

The ArtHouse Coop has been around for at least a few years, and I always intended to sign up and participate in some of the projects. That was my problem: intention but not action. There are always things to do such as my self-made projects, forgetting to log in to see the due dates, etc. Too many times, the project was already closed by the time I remembered. Not this time!

This is the first of three canvases, each is 4 x 4 inches. For the Canvas Project, each artist gets three canvases and three randomly generated words. The idea is to paint your interpretation of each word on each canvas. One of my newly learned words is "stoccata."

Stoccata was the last word I interpreted on canvas. When you see the next two words, you will wonder why it was difficult for me because I received two nouns and one adverb. I had the idea for the adverb first!

"Stoccata" has paper, ink, acrylic paint, white glue, and aluminum tape. The companies responsible for the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico has the world at dagger point...while the environment continues to die as a consequence. I thought it appropriate to make this art part of my Gulf of Mexico oil spill series.


What do think of my interpretation of "stoccata?" What do you think of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill?

Smiles!
Angeline Marie of

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...