Tuesday, September 14, 2010

United Way – a Lazy Way to Give Back

At thousands of work locations throughout the United States, United Way campaigns are beginning to raise funds for 2011. One small way that I contribute is by donating a piece of art to a work location’s campaign. Of all the causes that need support…United Way is a great and lazy way to give back to the community.


"When...." - 2010 - 8 x 10 inches - mixed media on board ©Angeline


United Way covers so many areas of the community. United Way provides funds to agencies that help those that are sick, hungry, seek shelter, need help, etc. All age groups have their needs met by United Way, because the agencies chosen to receive the funds serve different people. The United Way does the research: is the agency legitimate? meet needs as promised? Where else can a dollar go so far?!


When I plan each year what causes receive my hard earned art and/or dollars. When I make this plan, I want to meet my goals. The United Way helps me meet the goal of giving back to the community and be lazy. I work hard for my money…and I love that I do not have to work hard to give. Thanks, United Way!

Do you have a cause that you automatically give? What is that cause?

Smiles,
Angeline Marie of

3 comments:

JJ said...

United Way is terrific. My wife used to raise money for the organization in New Hampshire. It is a very worthy cause. My charitable focus of late has been in education. Not the run-of-the-mill let's throw money at more programs that don't work kind, but causes that actually benefit students directly.

Rosie Brown said...

Nice piece, Angeline!

Angeline said...

JJ: Yes, United Way is terrific. The cause of education is worthy, as long as it gets to the students!!! Too often, the funds do not even make it to the teachers!

Rosie: Thank you!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...