Friday, January 13, 2012

Feel Like Making Bad Art with Great Pieces?

2012 Online Workshop Series - Strathmore Artist Papers:

If you are looking for a creative way to grow as an artist, try these free Strathmore Online Workshops. Tracy, who is giving the first series of workshops, does a great job providing details and instructions. Her art is quirky, whimsical, and is sure to inspire.

Details and instructions include supply lists, written instructions, and videos. There are over 1,000 people participating. For me, this is a great chance to make bad art with great pieces!

One piece I love....©2012 Angeline
The idea is to have fun with the art materials and ideas that Tracy gives. Will I finish the art from the workshop series? Probably not. I actually hate most of my first one while loving little pieces. It is alright to make bad art sometimes. It helps me know when I make something I love.

Pieces in this little work I love: the trio of the seahorse, star, and design all grouped together; the way the glue dried on the upper left corner.

The rest of it, well, needs a LOT of help. Little matter - ripping, painting over, etc. will improve the entire piece!

Caveat on the art supply lists: it is fine to use what you may already have. My shopping for supplies happened in my studio! For a great article about art supplies, hop over to Cloth Paper Scissors latest blog post.
Second piece I love....©2012 Angeline

Overall, I dislike...but the whole idea is to have fun!
Still not finished, and may not ever finish it.
©2012 Angeline

Save the date! You are invited to share more art at my exhibit about Paris, France on at the 3rd Door Art Project on March 21, 2012 during Miami's Bird Road Art District Art Walk held on the 3rd Saturday of every month. Exhibit will run through April 8th.
Smiles!!!!
Angeline Marie of

2 comments:

JJ said...

A-M: Do you see how talented you are? Remember I said that if you read my latest post. I hate it when there is nothing of the artist herself in the work. Good stuff.

Jason L. Eldridge said...

As we continue in our crafts we often forget to just have fun. Very cool post!

I know when I am out with my camera there are times when I am so focused on creating a good image that I forget to relax and play around a little. I will certainly take this to heart. Thanks Angeline!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...