Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Red Scallop Shell Oil Painting

Red Scallop Shell, 6 x 6 inches, oil paint on canvasboard, $60 
©2015 Angeline Marie
Hours and hours spent finding seashells at the John U. Lloyd State Park are some of my favorite memories.

Papa loved any seashell: broken, whole, shell, conchs, and curly. Papa gave the love of broken whorls of conchs and the tiny baby fingernail sized pink sunset shells. Mama would walk with me along the beach. Mama loves the whole shells of any kind...but especially the olives. I love the bright colors and textures...the thrill of finding a beautiful shell. 

The actual scallop that inspired this painting is about 4 inches in diameter. I don't remember if I found it or stole it from a restaurant dish. I do say steal...in Paris, France, I was charged for the escargot shells that I wrapped in a paper napkin to take home. 

What is your favorite memory? 

Smiles!!!!
Angeline Marie of

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...