Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Florida Youth Orchestra - Painted Violin Project, the end of 2009-2010

The violin raffle table at the Signature Gardens of Davie, Florida.



I am the third from the left and one of a dozen artists chosen to paint a violin for the Florida Youth Orchestra. This worthy cause teaches children how to play musical instruments and perform in public. The poise of the violinists who performed at our opening reception night when all dozen artists received our violins was impressive, and how their skills have grown over the months!

The Painted Violin Project is The Florida Youth Orchestra's major fundraiser.
The violins were raffled off during the reception, mine going to a gentleman named Richard. The din and clatter of the wonderful food being consumed did not allow me to catch his last name, but how exciting that someone won the violin I painted!

If given the opportunity, I would enjoy painting a violin again for the Florida Youth Orchestra. Mr. Harvey Walfish and the FYO staff were always gracious and professional and made each artist feel special. Mi Mama, who attended the event with me, was extremely impressed with the art, the music, and FYO staff. For this season, the project is now ended with all of the painted violins finding new homes with lucky raffle winners.

Smiles!
Angeline Marie of


3 comments:

JJ said...

Good for you, A-M!

Jason L. Eldridge said...

What a great project to be a part of...! I hope you get to do it again. I am interested to see what you come up with next time!!

Angeline said...

JJ: THANK YOU!
Jason: I have a few ideas...fun ones! I am hoping that I get the chance, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...