|Spilt Oil with Sheen ©2010 by Angeline Marie encaustic techniques 5 x 8 inches|
1. love of ocean means learning something that should already be interesting
2. flexibility of choosing ANY college credit course but
3. limited to what is provided by the local college online (no art history)
4. extra credit involves snorkeling and I adore swimming
5. textbook has cool photos and graphics
6. influence next art works
7. local college does not have JJ as a professor (he teaches writing)
As for why take college courses at all, well, it is a requirement to maintain a teaching certificate in Florida while not working in any school system. My mantra: "It is easier to maintain the certificate than later regret allowing it to lapse."
First week of college credit course Oceanography is done! One chapter of a dozen completed. Goal is to pass with at least a C. I used to go always for the A and be hugely disappointed without it...but my life is not about pursuing another degree.
If my life were about pursuing another degree, this classes would not be taken at the local college!
There you have it - all the reasons to take Oceanography.
Angeline Marie of
Angeline Marie Fine Art