Monday, April 18, 2011

Rhythm of Encaustic Painting



Detail of Fish with Stars ©2010 by Angeline












Between the possibilities and the toys, working with encaustics is sheer fun. Although always fearful and respectful of heat and fire, it is amazing how much I am loving this paint. The melting of wax and resin mix, torches and heat guns, carving tools...super magical fun!

Encaustic painting goes something like this:
melt
apply
cool
heat
carve
cool
heat
apply
cool
torch
heat
melt
apply...



At every heat and torch moment there is a change. Maybe I will get better at predicting the beautiful accidents, but I enjoy most of the surprises that happen to the paint when it melts on the board.


You are invited on May 7th at Dharma Studio during Coconut Grove's Second Saturday Art Walk. My art Florida Heat will be on display this evening from 7pm to 11pm. The art and event is friends and family friendly! See you there!



Smiles, 
Angeline Marie of 
Angeline Marie Fine Art
Facebook Page for Angeline Marie Fine Art

4 comments:

Judy Wood said...

Nice to see more encaustics on your blog, and a very apt description of the process. When I see it "spelled out" like that, even I think it seems like a bit of an odd endeavour.
Good luck with your studio/show/sales events.

Angeline said...

Judy,
It is a bit of an odd endeavor, and was thinking of another rhythm to encaustics, too.
Hmmm...now you have my creative writing going....

Thanks for the luck! Enjoy the horses for me...if I had more time, that would be something to pursue. They are gorgeous.

Jason L. Eldridge said...

This one looks like it would make a great companion to one I have in my house now!!! Surprises happen in my line of art too and while they are not always welcome they are often wonderful. Another great job!

Angeline said...

Jason: LOL this is a detail of a larger piece of art....LOL...but now you have me thinking. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...