Here is a quick list of how to enjoy original art without busting your budget, regardless of your spending budget.
1. Smaller pieces of original art can be more affordable. An example are the postcards from Paris I am offering in September.
2. Buy art from local artists like Rosie Brown, Debra Cortese, Paul Saint Laurent, Jason Eldridge, me...at least we can help you save on shipping!
3. Work with an artist for what you want. Most artists have flexibility in how much to charge for materials, time, size of work, etc. Artists want to sell work to those who appreciate it. Be respectful when negotiating.
4. Enjoy art walks and galleries in your area. Learn about the artists whose work you like.
5. If you still wish to enjoy original art, but your budget is at a reprint level, ask the artist for some kind of print. Most artists will make your favorite available as a poster, note card, etc.
6. Always ask the artist what you can do together so that you can enjoy the art at home. See ideas 1-5.
We work hard for our money. Many of try to spend less than what we earn, save for a rainy day, and still enjoy life's pleasure. Every penny involves a choice: basic needs or fun?
One of the first things cut from budgets is fun. Lumped with fun is art, music, and drama. Those artful little things are what feed our souls and make us feel good about living.
Just wanted to let you know there are ways to still enjoy the little things!
|Unfinished palm tree painting, 5x3 inches, |
acrylics on wood. $5
Have an idea of how to enjoy original art or other "expensive" things, share here!
Save the date! You are invited to share more art on Saturday, August 20th, at the Children's Gallery and Art Center! It is a FREE event!
Remember, too, to explore Paris, France with me during my Fridays in France posts which began Friday, May 6th. Interested in original art from Paris? Check out my Send Paris to You Project. There is something there for EVERY budget!
Angeline Marie of