Sunday, September 1, 2013

30 Day Challenge by Leslie Saeta

Drawing board ready with 3x5 inch papers,
on my easel, ready for New Foundland images.
It is never a good time to do what you love. 

Never.

My sister Dafne and I had a brief discussion of this "good time." 

We have to MAKE THE TIME to do what we love. 

I love all the images still swimming through my head about New Foundland and my collection of ephemera (paper, stuff, labels, tickets, junk, other people's trash) collected while on our vacation.

I want to use all that stuff...or throw it away after not using...so....

What am I doing about what I love and good time? I am making a commitment (YIKES) to create 30 postcards from New Foundland.  I signed up for Leslie Saeta's Artists Helping Artists 30 Paintings in 30 Days September 2013 Challenge. 

Leslie writes up guidance of how to get ready for the 30 Day challenge. I made my own guidance, and here is my list:

1. HAVE FUN
2. Theme is New Foundland. But. If I get stuck, frustrated, leave town for a weekend, take a class, etc., am allowed to change the theme.
3. Size: 3x5 inches up to 5x7 inches. 
4. Work small, work fast, DO NOT NOODLE. 
5. Mixed media is allowed.
6. Working on a few backgrounds at a time is allowed.
7. Try to post to blog daily...even if just a silent photo of what happened in my studio or portable studio.
8. HAVE FUN.

What do you love? How are you making a Good Time to do what you love? What are you going to do to challenge yourself for 30 days to do what you love? 

Smiles, 
Angeline Marie of
on Facebook, too.

If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...