Monday, October 7, 2013

Spooky Jeweled Palm Tree

Spooky Jeweled Palm Tree, 8 x 8 inches, acrylics on canvas board, SOLD
In Miami, there are few forests. I grew up in the suburbs called North Miami Beach, with the nearest forests were Oak Grove and Greynolds Parks. 

Living in Homestead, there are palm tree forests. Rows and rows of silver, royal, and most other palms. Little by little, I learn the names of these palms. There are so many types! 

Spooky Jeweled Palm Tree began as reds and greens...and was painted over with blues...and then grays...and then whites...and layer after layer of color finally gave this lone jewel-like palm tree. The moon was the last to show. 

My preferred birthstone is the opal. This painting reminds me a lot of the opal: the reds, blues, purples, greens, yellows all flicker. Feliz CumpleaƱos to all fellow October babies! 

What is your birth stone? Did you get the calendar page for your birthday month this year? The year is almost done...and I have two paintings left to finish. 

This painting is sold. Thank you to Ms. Claire A. for giving it a wonderful home on your home's gray-blue walls. 

If you would like to enjoy this painting, it was featured as my October calendar page and you can still enjoy the calendar page here: October Calendar Page. Want to get each month's calendar page delivered to your email inbox? Please sign up for my email newsletter

I
f you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website

Angeline Marie of

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...