Saturday, January 4, 2014

Elephants with Bubbles, Day 4 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days



Elephants with Bubbles, 3 x 5 inches, mixed media on paper,
$28 ©2014 by Angeline Marie
The first time I cut through lino block and made a print, I fell in love with the whole idea. It was in school, back in the 80s. Only two more teachers did a similar lesson throughout my school years, sad to say. 

One of my pursuits in painting and mixed media is to make more of my own stamps and stencils. Because I want to play more with lino cuts, the elephants in this design are part of a small but growing lino cut stamp collection. I have sketchbooks marked up with more designs, waiting for the block and carving tool. Between just loving to paint and loving how paint reacts to paper, more prints will be shared this year than ever. 

Like? Please share the blogpost...or Facebook...or leave a comment...or buy it for $28 that includes shipping and handling. 

GroveHouse Artists' Affair En Plein Air at the Deering Estate is the weekend of January 11th, 2014. Watch me and other artists paint while on the grounds of one of Florida's beautiful parks. 

If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website

Angeline Marie of

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...