Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sketching on the Back of a Motorcycle


Pilot board being altered with additional velcro. 


At the train station, demonstrating how to use the sketchbook
while not on the motorcycle. 2013, on our way to
New Foundland, Canada.















































Self portrait while riding behind husband Andy. 

Sketchbook on pilot board, in action! Waiting for road inspiration!

We're moving maybe 65? 70? More? miles per hour.

One of our favorite companions: Shadow Riders.

That's not a space suit. All the Gear All the Time! Stop at
Seafood Depot, Everglades City, Florida.

Patterns, ideas, notes, etc. captured while riding. 

Colors were added while at lunch. Ink was while riding.
I would LOVE to figure out a way to use watercolors
while riding, but am super content with a ball point pen. 

Again...color added later. 

One of the best parts of the sketchboard: having
paper and pen during stops. Bird was drawn during
a stop, but the address was jotted while riding.

Sometimes, the pain of being saddle sore is intolerable.
This a little thumbnail game I made up to distract myself
from how many miles on the bike my butt rode at the end
of our New Foundland, Canada adventure.
Yes, I'm very much a little girl in some respects...but this
did work!
Hope you enjoyed my pilot board turned into motorcycle backseat rider artist's sketchbook! 

If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

Coming to the Homestead Community Center, my exhibit of Absence of Green will begin on May 1st, 2014. Hope to see you there! 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website

Angeline Marie of

1 comment:

JJ said...

A-M: We're heading to Islamorada soon. Want to meet? Drop me an e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...