Tuesday, March 4, 2014

4 Ways to Use Up Paint - and a New Palm Tree Painting

palm trees, tropical, ocean
Gardens and Palm Trees, 14 x 11 inches, acrylics on canvasboard,
$200, 2014 Angeline Marie

There are a few ways I use up paint at the finish of painting. 

They are 
1. Smear randomly on a blank canvas.
2. Use on a "tiny art" design.
3. Try different techniques in my sketchbooks.
4. Make backgrounds for the next month I want to do 30 Paintings in 30 Days (last time was January, 2014).

Gardens and Palm Trees has many layers of colors. This is an example of using up leftover paint by smearing paint randomly on a blank canvas. These smears whispered, here is a bay, here is the garden, see the shore!? What a beautiful day it is and how blue the water that melts into the sky! My brush followed their directions, and I hope you like what the smears told me to do, lol. 

You can see this painting and others up close beginning May 1, 2014 at the Homestead Community Center. Then you can tell me some of the colors you see in the layers of Gardens and Palm Trees

If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

Coming to the Homestead Community Center, my exhibit of Absence of Green will begin on May 1st, 2014. Hope to see you there! 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website

Angeline Marie of

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...