Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Abstracted Palm Tree with Flower Original Acrylic Painting

Abstracted Palm Tree with Flower, 3 x 3 inches, acrylics on canvas, 2015, $35
























Did you know palm trees have flowers? 

This little abstract is based on the palm tree that has the little white flowers hanging on it. Forgive me, but I haven't had a chance to learn about all the varieties of palm trees. This type of palm tree is one of my favorites...and I have tons of photos of this type of palm tree, lol.

TWO days left of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge!!!! YAY!!!!

Smiles,
Angeline Marie

2 comments:

Rolina said...

This is gorgeous!

JJ said...

These are my colors. They always catch my attention. However, if this makes sense to you, I actually see art differently. I must have some weird type of vision, but certain images I see plain as day, and others not at all. I see the palm in this panting.

Let me explain by example. During the Batman craze in the '90s, I was forced to go shopping with my wife and daughter. Naturally, I disappeared. I wandered into an aisle where they sold movies (VCRs at the time). When my wife tracked me down, I was holding the Batman video. When she approached me, I showed her the case and I said something to the effect that the marketing was terrible. She didn't understand. I kept telling her they put teeth on the video cover. I insisted the advertisers had erred because teeth symbolized Dracula.

After a minute or so, my wife and daughter looked at me strangely and told me I was not looking at teeth at all, but the symbol of a bat. I never saw a bat, but only the white background, which appeared to me to be teeth.

Sorry for the ramble, and don't think I'm too weird, but that is how I see things. It is also why I enjoy abstract art. I tend to get it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...