Monday, January 26, 2015

I am from Miami! Original collage art

I am from Miami! 8 x 10 inches on canvas, collage, 2014, $100
I spent most of Saturday working on my Abstraction writing homework and Sunday finally cleaning the shed with Andy. 

This piece I am from Miami! is because it was until about my late teens that I realized that I couldn't truly say I am Cuban. I can say I am Cuban-American, which is an entirely differentl thing. Mi Mama would say to me "but you didn't come from Cuba, you were born here in Miami" when I would say "when we arrived from Cuba." 

To the bottom left is the style of television we had. One of the rooms had a similar wallpaper in it. The framed photo just shows 4th of July fireworks at the Biltmore Hotel, not because we watched them there but for us celebrating Independence Day in general. There is an old fashioned cordless phone that leads you to the cafecito on the table covered with one of our favorite family tablecloths we used at home and then the beach. The scene is from the early to mid 1980s.

There are four days left of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge...and I am very happy it is over soon...lol.


Smiles!!!!
Angeline Marie of

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...