Monday, March 30, 2015

7 Reasons to be Crazy for Palm Trees


Work in progress, circa mid-2014. 

Palm trees are

1. fun to watch in the sun, wind, rain, and landscapes.

2. mean tranquil and tropical (tranquila y tropical!)

3. challenging to twist abstractly and differently than realistically

4. more time in the art studio making paintings than wondering what to do

5. more spontaneous use of art materials occur, as in, how heck can I make this represent a palm tree?

6. home for some people...vacation to other people

7. hundreds of types, colors, shapes, and patterns. 

Do I ever plan on changing my series away from palm trees? Perhaps. Quisas, quisas, quisas. Will I stray and do mini-series on something else? Of course. 


For now...I'm still crazy about palm trees and hope you are enjoying the art journey with me through my palm tree art farm. LOL 

If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website

Smiles!
Angeline Marie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...