Friday, March 13, 2015

How Simon Cat Helps in My Art Studio

To keep Simon safer, he gets his own water dish. 

Right behind my feet while I'm at my easel. 

Abyssinian cats are not supposed to be lap cats...but Simon is when HE wants!































Simon is the first cat I've ever had as a best friend and spoiled in our own home. I used to borrow my friend Talon's cat, Himher. That black and white cat was so patient and sweet. Another cat I used to borrow was Cinnamon, who belonged to Marie. That calico was shy, but used to sleep on my pillow during the few nights I would sleep over her place.  

Simon loves to explore my art studio. He pounces on ribbons, jumps onto the window sills, paws the backs of my legs until I sit down and give him a rub down. He sits in is cubby and watches. He falls asleep on my rugs. 

I did have a fighting fish for a while...goldfish are nasty...had a bird for a few weeks and a toy poodle for a few weeks...all those are stories, lol. Mi Mama forbade me from having any real pets. I had stuffed animals that I had to fight to keep. Now, I have Simon, thanks to Wonderful Andy. 

Andy says the only reason we will ever get another cat is because I enjoy Simon so very much. As I write this post, Simon is on the patio chair next to me, curled up with eyes half open. As long as Simon happily lives, he will be spoiled and his antics enjoyed. Unless, of course, he decides to wake us up at 5:30 am on a weekend, meowing for water!

As for dogs, we do like them, but we do not have the lifestyle to support a dog. We have a next door neighbor with three dogs who get very little attention from their humans. We don't want to be like them! We feel sorry for the dogs, but we cannot help. We can support and enjoy and spoil a cat. 

Do you have a pet? What kind? 


If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

Coming to the Homestead Community Center, my exhibit of Absence of Green will begin on May 1st, 2014. Hope to see you there! 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website

Smiles,
Angeline Marie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...