Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Swimming Sea Monster Dragons - Original Mixed Media Art

Swimming Sea Monster Dragons, 11 x 14 inches, mixed media on canvasboard,
$200


























In case you thought I was done with dragons, well, dragons are not done with me. Swimming Sea Monster Dragons is inspired by Wonderful Andy & I's trip to New Foundland, Canada in 2013 and a blister package. 

Andy & I have a deal. We will buy almost any tool he needs...as long as the tool gets used at least once. My thoughts are either pay a handyman or do it ourselves (which usually means Andy does it himself because I'm clueless) and have tools. I pounced on this blister package before it made it to the curb! Don't ask me what the hell was contained by this blister package. Other than tools, my answer would be Sea Monsters! 

My friend Karla had an influence on this art work, as did Julie Fei-Fan Balzar with the use of my own self cut and designed stencils. Thank you to both of you for your help! 

These sea monsters were caught happily hunting in fertile waters. It's the middle of winter, but the water is warm and plentiful. This might be a small family, hunting together, or best friends. All I can see is that the top one is the closest, but s/he looks friendly and happy. Just stay far enough away for them to catch fish instead of humans, lol!

Hope you enjoy Swimming Sea Monster Dragons as much as I do! Any suggestions of what colors to use in my next dragon(s) would be great & you can leave a comment here or via email. 
If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website

Smiles,
Angeline Marie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...