Friday, March 6, 2015

Anhinga Clay Studios - Bucket List Check Off

Clay wheel! WHEEEEEEEEEE!

My shelf with clay and bagged pathetic attempts to throw clay.

Tools of the trade!

More other people's work - amazing, eh?

These are Not My Clay Pots...LOL.




Back in the 1980s, mi Papa y Mama found a ceramics class at Ojus Park on Saturday mornings that wanted children. 

I LOVED IT! Pick a mold, get the piece to work the next Saturday, etch my name on the bottom, clean, paint, have it fired, etc. I remember the instructor's face...she loved my work because I was one of the neatest painters and chose colors well. I even took the adult advanced class after the kids' class and still loved it. Some family members still have a piece I made...or sadly I took them back when they passed (Abuela y Papa). 

When I turned 13, I was kicked out of the ceramics classes. I was too old for the kids' classes and too young for the adult classes. When I turned 18, I was too busy with college classes and helping with Papa to return to Ojus Park no matter how much I wanted. I had heard about throwing clay on a wheel well before the famous movie Ghost, but there was no where to learn and no time.

So, guess what?! It's NEVER a good time. It's NEVER a good place. Wonderful Andy said as long as I make it to his birthday party, I can attend the throwing clay class at Anhinga Clay Studios.  Guess what I'm doing Saturday nights for a bit? LOL 

First class already passed. The only demand I am making on myself is to enjoy the learning process. I already like the feel of clay on my hands, lol. My stuff is total junk, but I am learning quite a lot. 

What's on your bucket list you have yet to try??? Why haven't you tried it, yet? 

If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

Coming to the Homestead Community Center, my exhibit of Absence of Green will begin on May 1st, 2014. Hope to see you there! 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website

Smiles,
Angeline Marie


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...