Friday, September 4, 2015

Day 4: Two Palm Frond View Abstract Original Painting

Two Palm Frond View Abstract Painting, 4 x 4 inches, acrylics on

stretched canvas, 2015, $40 
 
At the beginning of this calendar year, I enjoyed the opportunity to take Lisa Call's Abstractions online class. She's offering it again if you are interested...but I digress!

If you've guessed, I love palm trees. I grew up in Miami, Florida and palm trees are just about every where. I will date myself and mention Miami Vice...LOL. 

There are palm trees that are made of triangles, of rhombuses, of circles, of obtuse and acute angles. There are soft flowers and hard bright berries. This design, ah, this design totally simplifies two palm fronds to the essential shapes. Sometimes I look out our favorite Thai restaurant's window...and there are some amazing palm tree shapes!

What do you see out of one of your favorite windows? What is your favorite shape? 

Smiles!!!!
Angeline Marie of
/>

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...