Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What Happens when Wood Work is Done

Freshly assembled frame and back board.

Back board with the two pieces that will be mounted on it.

Simon, my Studio Sentinel, during a RARE quiet moment in my studio.

Wood boards ready for painting and encaustics!

Painting has commenced!
Andy and I have been running through 2011. We are always on the go, having fun, and rarely home. Studio time is grabbed in short chunks, blogging is still meeting my goal of a minimum of two posts a week, and my sketchbooks are getting full. Andy finally cleaned the garage...to cut the wood we bought for a sponsored project way back in March. 

Andy, my fiance, is the artist for today's blog post. He dutifully and lovingly cut the wood for me. He went over board and made the frame and back board. Andy has very high standards, and the frame is well done and beautiful. It is almost sad to see it covered in paint. 

Thank you, Andy, for the cut wood. Without you, projects like these (and less expensive painting supports) would be impossible for me. 

Save the date! You are invited to share more art on Saturday, August 20th, at the Children's Gallery and Art Center!
Remember, too, to explore Paris, France with me during my Fridays in France posts which began Friday, May 6th. Interested in original art from Paris? Check out my Send Paris to You Project!


Smiles!!!!
Angeline Marie of

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...