Monday, May 20, 2013

How Do You Get a Lift

Being an artist is a lot of fun and a lot of work. Work to make dreams come true, new art, improve artistic skills, etc. An artist makes art first, but also has to be an entrepreneur. 

Like everyone else, sometimes I feel lost, alone, and discouraged. 

Alyson of ArtBizCoach.com gave a opportunity to meet with her for a one-on-one coaching session just hours away in Orlando, Florida. I left feeling affirmed that my efforts are good and my art is getting out into the world. 

It is alright to be where I am. Needing a lift is a good thing. A lift comes in all ways: from a hug from Andy or Mama, someone sharing a link to my art, someone changing their profile photo to one of my paintings, my cat Simon jumping on my lap for a great rub down. 

The best part of the experience was meeting Alyson for fresh ideas, and the other artists who live in that area!

How do you get a lift? Leave a comment after checking out some of my new friends' sites!

Denisse, Robin, Shari, Victoria, Rae, Alyson, me (left to right, around the table).
Being silly. 

We all enjoyed a fun evening full of laughter. Here are a few more out-takes about that day from the group: 







You are invited to share more art at my exhibit of my palm tree series Absence of Green at Chefs on the Run Restaurant in Homestead, Florida. You just may catch my husband and I dining there, as it is one of our favorite restaurants! 

Smiles!!!!
Angeline Marie of

1 comment:

JJ said...

A-M: I pride myself on being a Renaissance Man. I love the concept of "Art for Art's Sake."

Several years ago, when I felt exactly the same way as you, I read a biography of Herman Melville. It seems he sold only 300 copies of Moby Dick in his lifetime.

I thought about that quite a bit, and then I began to write because I love it, and forgot about the financial end. That is when I started to sell my books.

You are a wonderful artist, and that's what artists do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...