Monday, October 14, 2013

6 Things Learned from 30 Paintings in 30 Days

1. Photos for reference could help towards the end of the 30 days, for new ideas and reminders.

2. Have paper cut to size before the challenge. Have more sheets than you think are needed (i.e. more than 30!)

3. Don't like how a painting is progressing? Throw it inside my sketchbook and attack with markers and watercolor paint. Eventually, it might work. If it doesn't, so what? It's a small piece of paper and a few things learned about materials, composition, etc..

4. Change the date on the pre-made blog posts. Some will back date to the day the draft was created, not the day you actually want it published. It did not matter when the post was completed. Change the date to the actual day you want the post to show before saving as draft.

5. Always, always, always have a few paintings inside my sketchbook to finish and/or continue. It was fun finishing that months-old design while people watching on Duval Street, Key West. Because I had it with me, I wasn't worried about having to skip a day in the challenge.

6. Smart phones are my friend. Without the Blogger app and my smartphone, the painting may have been done on time...but the posting would be nearly impossible. There were are few nights that the daily post was done far away from home! 

I miss painting something every day. Am beginning to miss New Foundland, Canada as my theme. However, I would appreciate your help....The next challenge for 30 Paintings in 30 Days is scheduled for January. Should I use South Africa as my theme? Or should I use Animals? Or should I use my cat Simon? Or should I use my on-going series Palm Trees? So many choices...what theme do you think I should choose? 

Day 23 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days...I think....but I know it's $28


If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website. 

Angeline Marie of

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...