Thursday, October 17, 2013

Cruising LIghts & Palm Tree

Cruising Lights & Palm Tree, 4 x 6 inches, mixed media on paper, $28

















There are some out there wanting to make a MILLION paintings during their lifetimes. After reading how they make small paintings, I decided that although a million may be out of my reach, I can use their ideas of how. 

What they do is take a big piece of paper and divide it into pieces with blue painter's tape. They throw paint and other media like crayons, ink, etc. until the sheet is to their liking. Some pieces might get more work while others are left alone. Each piece is cut out as a stand alone mixed media painting. 

What a wonderful way to save art supplies! I always have a little bit of leftover paint at the end of session, or need to clean a brush to change paint colors, or whatever! Plus, I can make these sheets and cut out individuals for January, 2014, for when I do the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge (thanks, Leslie Saeta) again! 

This is the first small painting from the first sheet I masked off. It makes me feel like I'm on South Beach or Coconut Grove of old, with all the cruising cars showing off their paint, hydraulics, neon lights....

Hence the name Cruising Lights and Palm Trees. If you love it, it is available for $28. I am not going to make cards, posters, etc. of any of these small cards. So you will have a super original one-of-a-kind painting to enjoy for yourself. For now, please email me if you would like to purchase this one. 

We are away for a week's vacation...please understand if it takes a few days to respond to your questions. We're going on a cruise!!!

If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website

Angeline Marie of

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...