Monday, February 10, 2014

Better Memories through Sketchbooks


As if we needed an excuse to doodle and draw in sketchbooks...ran across why taking photos may actual ruin our memories, LOL. 

The articles linked below mention that most of our photos languish in digital files and are rarely viewed. We need to live in the moment to appreciate where we are visiting and what we are viewing. Put the camera down...and breathe...

Maybe pick up a pen?
Of course, I prefer to pick up my sketchbook. Picking through my past sketchbooks takes me back to that moment of drawing. I remember the details of sights, smells, feelings of the experience when I see particular pages. 

I wish I could admit to a lifelong habit of sketching, but it didn't really begin in earnest until I was in part of Original Impulses' Curious Paris back in September, 2011. 

My sketchbooks are always open for viewing...and I always have one with me. Just ask and I'll share, lol. Most private stuff is unreadable and/or in Spanish any way, lol.
What do you do to live in the moment? Do you bring out your camera (smartphone) or open to a sketchbook page?

Here are the links to the articles: 


If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website. 

Angeline Marie of

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...