Thursday, February 13, 2014

First Cubing Painting in Progress

Since the end of January, life is weird. I'm grateful the challenge is over, but sad that getting into my studio seems to be challenging. Oh, well. Good thing Husband Andy laughs when I set up an improvised still life in his room! Thank God he will be fine and experiencing a temporary hiccup! 

In the meantime, I am taking a class online by the New York City Modern Museum of Art about collage. Almost everything I've seen online about collage is "cutsy" or about scrapbooking. I want to learn about the artists who made collage popular in fine modern art. The first lesson is about cubism and how to "cube" a design after watching slide shows and videos about Picasso and Gris. Here is a progress photo on my first attempt "cubing" a design. 

What do you think about it? Even if you dislike it, tell me why, lol. 

The still life....
...the thumbnail sketches...
...the sketch on canvas, ready for paint.

If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website. 

Angeline Marie of

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...