Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cubist Palm Trees Painting

Oh, this was a fun project. 

Ever look at a painting and wonder How did s/he do that? I want to know how to do that because it looks so cool! Where do I learn to do THAT? 

For the last few years, I keep a folder in Evernote tagged workshops. Every shiny-thing workshop that comes along gets placed into the page with that tag. One page has in-person workshops that happen every year such as Create by Cloth Scissors Paper. The other page has online-only workshops, such as New York City's Modern Museum of Art's Experimenting with Collage.
Cubist with a Palm Tree, 14 x 11 inches, acrylics on canvas board,
©2014 Angeline Marie, $200
The online Experimenting with Collage's first project was to paint a still life in the style of cubism. Now I know how to do this! Painting in this style is addicting, and will have to do another soon with different colors. With a palm tree some where in each because palm trees are my current series, lol. 

Like? Please share the blogpost...or Facebook...or leave a comment...or enjoy it in your home for $200 that includes shipping and handling. 

If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

Coming to the Homestead Community Center, my exhibit of Absence of Green will begin on May 1st, 2014. Hope to see you there! 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website

Angeline Marie of

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...