Tuesday, March 11, 2014

2014 Painting Progress Report


2014 is full of challenges...and instead of making one HUGE tedious report at the END of the year that is already gone...here is my check in to you....

Progress Report Item 1:
2014 is my year to paint 52 Paintings in 52 Weeks. So far, I am meeting that goal...see the collage? YAY!!!! 

It's been about 9 weeks and although I know I've more finished paintings to share with you, these are ones you've seen so far. My "to-photo" bag is ready for another batch of paintings to share, lol. 

My rules for the 52 in 52 include that the finished painting has to be 8 x 8 inches or larger. Just in case you were wondering why my 30 Paintings in 30 Days were not included here.

Progress Report Item 2: 
I've been staying after my health this year and managing my allergies. Managing my allergies means I can breath, so I feel well, so I can work out. Using some DVDs and FitnessBlender.com, I have lost body fat although not weight. So far, so good but not great. 

Progress Report Item 3:
I'm keeping up with the social media and even added Twitter to my mix. Right now, this is enough and sometimes more to handle. 
I'm also part of 15 Zero to Hero Challenge by Holly Surgue. It's Day 8.... Although I am just smacking up my videos to my YouTube challenge, it's enough that I am showing up and doing the challenge. 

Progress Report Item 4:
Upcoming exhibit is May 1st at the Homestead Community Center that has space for 30 paintings. I am focused on making 30 new paintings by May 1st so that I can swap out at Chefs on the Run Restaurant before hanging at the Center. Chefs is getting new art while the Center gets my older paintings. Keep in mind, thought, that most of my "old" palm tree paintings are less than two years old because the series began at the end of 2012. 
For this item, I have a loooooooong way to go. 

Focus for March and April:
Keep you all in touch with what's going on in paintings.
PAINT PAINT PAINT PAINT PAINT
Work out. Work out. Work out.
...doing all with a day job that is requiring overtime. LOL 

So, if I were harsh on myself, I would be earning a C. Kind to myself is a B. Participation is an A. Overall, B-. Considering all the goings on not included here, I'm very happy with a B-. I'll work on a few more As, though, lol. 

What are YOU doing to rock your 2014??? 

All of the paintings featured in the collage are available on my website

If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

Coming to the Homestead Community Center, my exhibit of Absence of Green will begin on May 1st, 2014. Hope to see you there! 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website

Smiles,
Angeline-Marie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...