Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Mural Virgin No More



Jessica, from Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine text'd me and asked if I could do a mural in their Ladies' Room. Oh...um...YES!!! She chose lavender, red, and gray and a theme with birds and trees. The rest was up to me...with some of the worst timing in the world, but managed to finish inside a month! The first time painting, I had a few hours...but then it was 30 minutes at a time on different days.

Mi Mama and I saw it the day I finally finished the little happily bathing bird. 

That was a tough little bathing bird design, not because of the subject but because of the wall texture!!!! Trying to get the little bird look like it was rolling around cheerfully in a shallow pool of water behind the sink was fraught with skipping markers, too wet paint, and it turned out alright, according to Mama. 

This mural is my first ever done. I am a mural virgin no more...at least.... 

Go by and enjoy a meal there and see if you like the little bathing bird and all its friends observing in the trees! 


If you would like to see more paintings in person, please visit one of my favorite restaurants, Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine. 

Coming to the Homestead Community Center, my exhibit of Absence of Green will begin on May 1st, 2014. Hope to see you there! 

If you would like to see more paintings online, please visit my website

Smiles,
Angeline Marie


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...