Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year from Tomasina and me

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

2015 is full of possibilities. The only thing I have to remind myself is to recognize possibilities and perhaps act on them. 

First possibility? Work on Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. I am cheating with some paintings waiting to be shared...such as this one.

Meet Tomasina
Tomasina, acrylics on canvasboard, 8 x 8 inches. $100

This mouse puppet was my favorite childhood toy. Tomasina and I met in JCPenny's back at the old 163rd Street Mall Store. Disney was airing their movies on Sunday nights and I had recently watched Pollyana. Tomasina was the name of Pollyana's cat, lol. In any case, Tomasina and I instantly became best friends. His price tag was too rich for my allowance and it would take about 10 weeks to save enough if I remember right. I remember thinking that by the time I had the money, the store merchandise would change and Tomasina would be gone. I begged and begged and begged. Mama sternly stuck to her guns with No. Papa was told to NOT BUY under any circumstances. Weeks passed while trying to forget Tomasina.

Christmas morning, who to my wondering eyes would appear? Tomasina!!!! Santa delivered!!! Tomasina and I enjoyed many a puppet show, adventures, and thunder storms after that. He is well worn down, including a new nose that I had to make for him, lol.

Any way. Here is to 2015! Full of possibilities! 

What are you looking forward to in 2015??? 


Smiles!!!!
Angeline Marie of

PS: If you would love a childhood favorite friendly toy painted, let me know! I would love to paint him or her for you. Drop me an email at angeline  @ angelinemarie . net (spaced out because I'm getting lots of spam, lol).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...