Monday, September 21, 2015

Adventure Vessels at Rest Original Oil Painting

Adventure Vessels at Rest,  12 x 12 inches, oil paint on canvas panel,©2015 Angeline Marie
This is a painting I did after boxing up my "know it all/ anything at all" for the day during Leslie's workshop. 

Oh, wow...this painting was frustrating! I super hated oil paint during my work on the lines! It was aggravating, frustrating, maddening to mess up a line and not be able to just paint over it! I missed acrylic paints so much! 

Obviously, I got through the drama. LOL Next time I attempt this larger than 6 x 6 inches just might have to be with acrylics. Maybe not. 

The plus to the oil paint was that the paint stayed wet while at the marina. The down side was the paint stayed wet up until a couple of weeks ago! It's love/hate right now with oil paint for me. Thankfully, I have choice of acrylics or oils on any given day, unlike painters over a hundred years ago! 

What is it that you do or have that you have a love/hate relationship? 

Smiles!!!!
Angeline Marie of

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...