Friday, October 16, 2009

Hot & Cold Figure Painting


This one was done in September of this year. The idea was to capture the darks as cool colors and the lights as warm. Because I feel overwhelmed sometimes with color choices, I severely limited my palette to white, yellow, and blue. Yellow for the lights & warm areas, blue for the cool and dark areas. The white was to obtain values. Pure color of yellow or blue was used to get the darks. The painting is about four feet high by two feet wide, done on imported Russian paper with acrylic paints.
The story about it is that I get to work from a live figure model twice a month at Ismael's studio. I am truly enjoying the sessions. The poses are beautiful, the lighting very interesting. I am enjoying it so much, that lately it's been difficult to go back to landscapes, etc.

Smiles!
Angeline-Marie
www.angelinemarie.net

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...