Sunday, August 1, 2010

Trapped - #13 of Art Inspired by the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill

Trapped - acrylics on paper - 2010 - 23 x 33 in. 

Seems like the spilling in the Gulf of Mexico is done. Now, the clean up begins in earnest for all of the areas. While in Key West this weekend, NOAA, the happy news that the oil will probably not affect the Keys and South Florida at all reached the Cypress House. We are still going to feel the affects...but at least our waters will remain how we love them. 

This piece, Trapped, is to honor all those who are affected by the oil spill. To all those cleaning, losing their lives, their homes, the animals from dolphins to seahorses. We need to remember and continue to remember how fragile the Earth is. This series will be continued...perhaps not as much as I was...maybe a little more light heartedly as with Seahorses Three. 

How do you feel when you look at this piece? What ran through your mind when learning the spill was occurring...and when it was stopped (so we hope!)?

Smiles,
Angeline Marie of

1 comment:

Jason L. Eldridge said...

It was such a HUGE issue that I felt helpless. I am happy to hear that it has stopped but somewhere in the back of my mind I can't help but feel this nervious. When I look at the painting I feel on edge and anxious. Almost like I should be afraid of something but I just can't put my finger on it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...